Chewy Maple Cookies
These are sooo good!They come out chewy and full of maple flavor.They taste kind of like maple pancakes.My kids loved them!Be sure to space them,they do spread and flatten out.I left out the coconut.They are so easy and quick to make too.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (optional)
- In a mixing bowl,cream shortening and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg,maple syrup and vanilla until well mixed.
- Combine flour,baking powder and salt,add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in coconut if desired.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- If you want these to be chewy remove them from the oven as soon as they start to brown.