Chewy Chocolate Cookies (Low Fat)
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease two cookies sheets.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Sift sugar, cocoa and flour into the whites.
- Add water.
- Continue beating on high for a few minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Place generous spoonfuls on the mixture one inch apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until firm on top but soft on the inside. It is best to bake these one sheet at a time.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The dough was incredibly thick. I couldn't fold in nuts and chips as much as stir them in with a wooden spoon and a lot of elbow grease. Not sure what I did wrong or what I would do different - yet. I won't give up on this one. But they are exactly as described - hard outer layer with cracks tasting verymuch like brownies.
Super yummy, very healthy, and incredibly addictive! A great way to get your chocolate fix. Used 3 large egg whites, otherwise as stated. My cookies turned out just as the chef described, intense chocolate flavor, brownie-like on the inside, and crackled on the outside. Definitely one you'll have to try to believe! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2007.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been mooching off recipezaar for way to long - it's time for me to share the love. I am a bit of a health nut - Cooking Light is my favorite magazine. I'm a college student, but spend all my free time reading cookbooks, thinking about cooking, food/spice shopping and actually cooking/baking. I don't like fish or blue cheese, but other than that I am open to pretty much any foods.