Cherry Surprise Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a FUN cake to make! It is very moist and yummy--a kids and grown ups favorite alike. Believe it or not, this really does work. Serve with whipped cream--so good!
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- Spray a 9x13-inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put mini marshmallows in pan.
- Mix pie filling and Jello in small bowl and set aside.
- Make cake according to package directions and pour over marshmallows in pan.
- Drop pie filling and Jello mixture by spoonfuls over cake.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350.
- IT IS A SURPRISE WHEN MARSHMALLOWS COME TO THE TOP AND THE FILLING ENDS UP ON THE BOTTOM!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
loved the taste of this moist delicious cake but I made exactly as directed but when the cake was done I wasn't able to see any marshmallow on top. It was just sortof a melted little bit sticky surface. Did I do something wrong or was that how it should be? I took it to work and we all loved it so either way it was great. But I think I would just leave out the marshmallow out as I don't really see what it adds to the recipe.Reply
see 2 more