Cherry Ripe Crackles
Cherry Ripe is an Australian chocolate bar. It consists of a cherry and coconut mix covered in Old Gold dark chocolate. It is similar in many ways to dark chocolate Bounty bar. Please note that I had to use the description of 'dark chocolate chips' as Recipezaar doesn't identify Cherry Ripe Chocolate bars. You will need to change the 'dark chocolate chips' back to Cherry Ripe Chocolate Bars for this recipe. Also our cup measure larger usually 250ml. Desiccated coconut is coconut that has been dried and very finely chopped. I haven't tried this recipe yet but wanted to post it here for any Aussies out there that love Cherry Ripe Chocolate Bars :)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- 1⁄4 cup glace cherries, chopped
- 110 g dark chocolate chips (2x55 gram Cherry Ripe Chocolate Bars)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence
- Use 24 paper patty cases.
- Place coconut onto a sheet of cooking paper and place under the grill (broiler), toast until golden brown, be careful as the coconut can burn quickly. Leave to one side.
- In a large mixing bowl place rice bubbles, chopped cherries and coconut, fold together.
- Roughly chop the Cherry Ripe Chocolate Bars then place in a small microwave-safe bowl with margarine and golden syrup. Melt on high for 2 minutes, give mixture a good stir. Add coconut essence to the bowl.
- Pour into rice bubbles and fold together until ingredients are well coated.
- Spoon mixture into 24 patty cases. Refrigerate to set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If you love vherry ripes you will love these crackles! They have a very rich coconut/cherry taste, mopre so than the cherry ripe bar itself. They did not seem to set as hard as a chocolate crackle, but this did not add any less to the taste. My son and I loved them, unfortunately the other members of the family dont like cherry ripes at all, although that didnt matter it left the rest to DS and myself!! A delicious way to make cherry ripes go a lot further.Reply