Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler
photo by Tonyajo74
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Filling: combine the filling ingredients in sauce pan, bring to boil to thicken.
- Add to 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- Mix well.
- Spread into 9x9 pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Crust: Cream butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Alternating, add flour mixture and milk to sugar and butter.
- Mix well.
- Pour over fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for apx.
- 1 hour.
- Check at 45 minutes.
- if oven runs hot.
- Very tasty with whipped cream.
- *can use 1 21 oz.
- can of cherry pie filling if you don't have fresh cherries.
- Just pour over the rhubarb and mix well.
- Don't add the sugar or flour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have the prelivige of living in the Wonderful Willamette Valley in Oregon. This gives our family the opportunity to pick/harvest and eat some of the tasty fruit and vetagetables around. I am the proud mother of two wonderful children;10 and 6. I enjoying the aspect of my job as a teacher when working with students but really dislike the paperwork that goes along with special education. I love the idea of just closing the door and not having to deal with adults. Just hang out with kids and learn as well as teach them the magic of learning. My own two are forever reminding me of it. I grew up never really knowing what bad cooking was as my mother is the best cook around. She grew up outside of New Orleans but her married life has been spent out west so our tastes are varied. I grew up and have raised our children on coffee milk at age 2, grits and lots of See's chocolate. :)