Cherry Pie (Filling Only)
This recipe may be microwaved instead of cooked on the stove. If you wish to microwave it mix liquid, sugar and corn starch, microwave on "High" 2 or 3 minutes or until mixture thickens and boils. Stir once during cooking.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups tart cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 3⁄4 cup liquid (juice or water)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup sugar (sweeten to taste)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- Blend corn starch and sugar. (The amount of sugar can vary according to taste and if the cherries were frozen with sugar or not.)
- Drain juice from cherries and add water to make 3/4 cup liquid. Stir liquid into corn starch mixture.
- Stir mixture on high heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat, stir in almond extract and gently fold in cherries.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
OMGosh... if I could give 10 stars, I would! This recipe was SO simple. And it tastes DELICIOUS!! Thanks so much for sharing. I will be making more to can or freeze for when cherries are out of season. We get some of the best cherries in the country here in northern Michigan. • #YUMO • #EZRECIPES • #MICHIGANCHERRIES •1Reply
see 9 more