Cherry Pie Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 350 F; place baking pan in oven to preheat as well (9 x 15" or 11" round).
- Open cans of cherries; drain juice. Save juice for another use. Place cherries in a bowl and stir in 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside.
- Melt the butter by placing it in the hot baking pan. While butter is melting, make the batter.
- Make batter by mixing dry ingredients (1 cup sugar, salt, baking powder and flour). Stir in the milk; beat well to eliminate lumps.
- Remove pan containing melted butter from oven; pour the batter into the pan over the melted butter. Don't stir.
- Spoon in the sugared cherries but don't stir. Just drop them around on top of the batter.
- Put in oven and bake for 60-70 minutes or until top is golden brown. The cherries will sink into the batter; the batter will rise to the top and form a beautifully golden crust.
- Let cool. Serve warm or cool either alone or topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!