Cherry Loaf (2lb)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
1 2lb loaf
- 8 ounces plain flour
- 6 ounces butter
- 6 ounces caster sugar
- 6 ounces glace cherries (halved)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 drops vanilla essence
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together and fold into the mixture.
- Gently stir in the cherries and vanilla.
- Grease and line a 2 lb loaf tin and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F / gas mark 4) for 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!