Cherry Cobbler - Too Easy & Delicious To Be True!
If you love cherry cobbler and don't necessarily have the time to prepare it, look no further! This recipe from Southern Living is simply fabulous! Only takes 15 minutes to prepare using canned cherry pie filling and making the crust from white bread slices. Give it a try! You've nothing to lose but a great new recipe to gain!
- Ready In:
- 2 (20 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can pitted dark cherries in heavy syrup, drained
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 slices white bread
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- Stir together pie filling, cherries, and 2 TBS flour.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Place in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Trim crusts from bread slices; cut each slice into 5 strips.
- Arrange bread strips over fruit mixture.
- Stir together remaining 2 TBS flour, sugar, and next 3 ingredients; drizzle over bread strips.
- Bake at 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm with a dollop whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an added treat!
- VARIATIONS: Peach Cobbler: Substitute 2 (16-ounce_ packages) frozen peaches, thawed and drained, for cherry pie filling and canned cherries.
- Omit almond extract and grated lemon rind.
- Proceed as directed.
- Berry Cobbler: Substitute 1 (21-ounce) can blueberry pie filling and 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen whole strawberries, unthawed, for cherry pie filling and canned cherries.
- Omit almond extract; add 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Proceed as directed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Bev this is the best cherry cobbler we have had! I used Amaretto for the almond extract and missed the butter was to be melted. Spread the butter mixture over the bread and the topping was awesome! Crisp on the top and gooey underneath, so good. I used lemon extract for the lemon rind and the subtle lemon flavor was very good with the cherries. The only thing I would do differently next time is add a few more slices of bread for the toppinig. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!Reply