Cherry Blueberry Pie
After making recipe #4861 (which I highly recommend) I had a couple cups of cherries left over. I found this recipe in "Taste of Home Winning Recipes" and was pleasantly surprised by the results. It is delicious eaten warm with vanilla ice cream on top.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (15 ounce) package pie crusts, for a 9-inch double crust pie
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with the edge and set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently combine cherries and blueberries. Combine the sugar, flour and nutmeg; stir into fruit. let stand for 10 minutes. Pour into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining crust: make a lattice top crust. Seal and flute the edges. Sprinkle with 2 tbs sugar. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake an additional 30-35 minutes longer or until pastry is is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
- (Note: if using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to mixture).