Cherry Ball Cookies (Frosted)
photo by Dr.JenLeddy
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 24 -30 maraschino cherries, drained & de-stemmed (or dates)
- Mix together - butter, sugar & vanilla.
- Add flour & salt (will be fairly dry/crumbly, if too dry to wrap around a cherry add a tbsp of cream/milk).
- Mold by tbsp fully around cherry.
- Place on un-greased cookie sheet about 1" apart.
- Bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes until set, but not brown.
- Icing: Mix together 1 Celsius powdered sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons milk (I like to use leftover cherry juice instead of milk), 1 teaspoons vanilla (add cocoa if desired).
- Dip in frosting mix & set on waxed paper to harden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Just a working lady who appreciates a simple site with guaranteed good recipes if the reviews back it.</p>