- Ready In:
- 5 gala apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (or Golden Delicious)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup cherry preserves
- ground ginger, to garnish
- In a heavy large saucepan,combine apple chunks and unsweetened apple juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer until apples are very tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in the cherry preserves.
- Using a potato masher or fork, smoosh the mixture to chunky puree.
- This sauce can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with ginger, if desired. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation