MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A cup of tea and a sweet bun...heaven! Chelsea buns are a sweet, sticky treat something like a schnecken or cinnamon roll.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup dried fruit, mixed (sub raisins or currants, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease an 8" square pan.
- Line bottom of pan with parchment.
- Sift flour and sugar together into a bowl; add chopped butter and rub into flour mixture until fine and crumbly.
- Whisk milk and egg together; pour onto dry ingredients and mix to form a soft batter.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and roll into a 12 x 14 inch rectangle.
- Spread dough with softened butter, sprinkle with sugar, mixed dried fruit and spice.
- Roll up; cut into 12 evenly sized pieces.
- Place cut side down in prepared pan with sides touching.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
While the buns are baking, make the glaze:
- Place sugar and water into a small pan. Stir over medium heat without boiling until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and brush over buns.
- To serve, split buns and serve with butter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION