Chef Morimoto’s Favourite Mashed Tofu Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- kosher salt
- 8 cups spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Drain the tofu and wrap in paper towels to absorb excess water.
- Puree in food processor until smooth, then transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt.
- Fill a bowl with ice water.
- Cook spinach in boiling water until wilted, about two minutes, then plunge it into ice water.
- Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Toast the sesame seed in a skillet over medium heat, tossing until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Cool and then grind in spice grinder.
- Stir the ground seed, sugar, mirin, soy sauce and spinach into the tofu.
- Season with salt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!