Chef Joeys Easy Sauerkraut Won Tons
photo by Chef Joey Z.
- Ready In:
- 1 (25 ounce) jar sauerkraut (I used Bubbies)
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 (1 lb) package wonton wrapper (I used Nasoya)
- 1 beaten egg (for brushing on the won tons)
- Drain the liquid out of the sauerkraut.
- Add the sour cream and fennel seeds. Stir it well so the sour cream covers all the sauerkraut.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the sauerkraut mixture on each won ton.
- Brush two sides of the won ton wrapper with the beaten egg. Fold to form a triangle.
- Fold the two bottom pieces of the triangle together and seal with some egg wash.
- Bring the top of the triangle down and seal with egg. Brush all over with more egg wash.
- Bake at 350’F for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve with more vegan sour cream.
- Bon Appetit!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> I was born in northern Ontario in Canada. I am of Irish /Spanish/French Canadian descent. In 2002, myself, my hubby Stu, and our dog Ginger moved to the high desert of New Mexico. I am a Domestic Engineer and a Professional Artist. I enjoy oldies, classical and jazz music. My hubby is a Professional Jazz and Classical Musician. He plays with the Albuquerque Philharmonic Orchestra which is wonderful because I get to see all his concerts and they are free! We are trying our best to live a Green and Sustainable lifestyle which is no easy feat in a desert. I love any cookbook that promotes good health and tasty meals. I enjoy pasta dishes and sweet vegan deserts. I have found that I am very successful in converting conventional recipes to vegan. This has allowed me to enjoy all types of foods that I other wise could not. Some day we would like to relocate to upstate New York and be closer to my family in Canada and my husbands in New York. My DH retires in 9 years, so nothing will stop us from heading home then :-)