Chef Joey’s Peachy Egg Rolls
photo by Chef Joey Z.
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen organic peaches (thawed and save the liquid)
- 1 (1 lb) package egg roll wrap (I used the large size Nasoya)
- 4 tablespoons organic cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegan margarine
- 1 beaten egg (for brushing)
- Thaw the peaches completely in the microwave.
- Reserve the liquid. Add the water to the peach liquid and put in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch and give it a good stir to combine.
- Heat the thawed peaches in a large sauce pan until hot.
- Add the cornstarch water mixture to the hot peaches and stir until thickened.
- Add the brown sugar and vegan margarine. Stir well.
- Remove from the sauce pan and put into a bowl.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and mix. You will brush this on to the egg roll.
- Put a mound of peaches onto each of the egg roll wrappers.
- Brush the egg on one half of the square and fold over to make a triangle. Bring The two ends of the bottom of the triangle together and seal with a little egg. Then bring the point down and seal to form a little rectangular package.
- Brush all over the packet with the egg wash and bake at 350’F for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool on a wire wrack. You can also sprinkle the packet with white sugar and cinnamon before you bake them, or you can sprinkle with powdered sugar when they are still warm.
- Bon Appetit!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> I was born in northern Ontario in Canada. I am of Irish /Spanish/French Canadian descent. In 2002, myself, my hubby Stu, and our dog Ginger moved to the high desert of New Mexico. I am a Domestic Engineer and a Professional Artist. I enjoy oldies, classical and jazz music. My hubby is a Professional Jazz and Classical Musician. He plays with the Albuquerque Philharmonic Orchestra which is wonderful because I get to see all his concerts and they are free! We are trying our best to live a Green and Sustainable lifestyle which is no easy feat in a desert. I love any cookbook that promotes good health and tasty meals. I enjoy pasta dishes and sweet vegan deserts. I have found that I am very successful in converting conventional recipes to vegan. This has allowed me to enjoy all types of foods that I other wise could not. Some day we would like to relocate to upstate New York and be closer to my family in Canada and my husbands in New York. My DH retires in 9 years, so nothing will stop us from heading home then :-)