Cheesy Squash Casserole (Dreaming of Calico County)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is as close as I can get to the Calico County recipe for Squash casserole. If you have any suggestions, I would HAPPILY take them! It is my favorite when I can make it home!
- Ready In:
- 6 medium squash (2 1/2-inch)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cornbread, crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash squash and cut into 1" slices. In saucepan cover with water and cook until tender.
- Drain well and mash slightly.
- Add butter, egg, onion, salt, pepper, sugar and bread crumbs.
- Mix together well.
- Put in greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION