Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes
photo by CookingONTheSide
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes or 2 lbs baking potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives, chopped or 1/3 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; coat shallow 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Thinly slice potatoes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cheese.
- Mix potatoes with remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil; bake 1 hour.
- Remove foil from baking dish; sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes more until potatoes are tender and mixture is bubbly.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty: a great blend of flavours and pleasingly low-fat for such delicious potatoes! My guests both came back for seconds - and wanted the recipe. I used freshly ground black pepper instead of cayenne pepper (personal taste preference) but otherwise made them exactly to the recipe. So easy to prepare and forget, so an excellent recipe to serve when you have guests! Thank you for sharing another great recipe, Lainey! Made for Gimme 5.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!