Cheesy Sausage Tater Tots - Topped Casserole
This is an easy recipe that is really tasty! Use the large Italian sausages for this and remove the casings, you can use turkey sausages if desired, no need to thaw the nuggets for this recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 lbs Italian sausage, casings removed (mild or spicy)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄4 cups evaporated milk (or 18% table cream)
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen tater tots (potatoes)
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degres.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add in the sausage meat with chili pepper flakes (if using) onions and garlic, stir with a wooden spoon breaking up the meat, cook until well browned (about 10-12 minutes) drain the fat, then add in about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; mix to combine.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish.
- In a bowl mix the soup with evaporated milk, then pour over the sausage mixture in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over the soup.
- Top with the potato nuggets evenly over the cheese.
- Sprinkle the top of the nuggets lightly with seasoned salt and black pepper, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Bake uncovered for about 50-60 minutes, or until lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more