Cheesy Potatoes and Onions for the Grill
photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- 6 medium potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 -2 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley (or use 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup canned chicken broth
- Prepare a 20 x 20-inch piece of heavy-duty foil or a 13 x 9-inch disposable foil pan (I prefer to make these in a pan).
- Generously spray the inside of the foil or pan with cooking spray.
- Toss the potatoes with sliced onions and Parmesan cheese (if using) then place on top and in the middle part of the foil, or place into the foil pan.
- Sprinkle the butter cubes over the potatoes.
- In a bowl combine cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder; sprinkle over the potatoes and onions.
- Slightly wrap up the ends of the foil then drizzle the broth over the top of the mixture.
- Seal up the foil completely.
- Make one or two very small pin-holes in the top of the foil to allow heat to escape (or cover the foil pan tightly with a sheet of foil, then make a small hole/s in the top of the foil).
- Place the foil packet or foil pan on the grill, cover with the grilling lid and cook for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used a pan to grill and a mandoline to slice the onion and potatoes. I used only one onion placed it in the bottom of the pan first like another reviewer suggested. I generally doubled the other ingredients since we like more spices. I also added lemon pepper. It was delicious! Definitely will make again and again. It was so easy.
I am planning my 4th of July camping menu and make these every year! Well... I couldn't find the recipe in my reviewed or anywhere!! I can't believe I have never left a review for these. I am SO happy that I remembered that it was one of your recipes Kitten!!! Anyway, I love them... everyone loves them. I make extra, so we can heat them up for breakfast burritos the next morning. I use foil pans and they are always wonderful. Thanks Kitten!