Cheesy over Easy
photo by Joyful_FandC
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread, toasted
- grated cheese, to taste
- mayonnaise or butter, to taste
- sliced vine-ripened cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat.
- Crack egg into butter and pierce yolk.
- Cover and cook until egg is firm enough to flip and cook on other side.
- After flipping, top egg with cheese, and cover pan.
- Turn off heat.
- Spread toast with butter or mayo, if desired.
- Slice cherry tomatoes and cover toast, if desired.
- When cheese is melted nicely, lift egg onto toast slice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We're a couple, Fred & Christine, married 26 years, living in a 100-year-old farmhouse just outside Ottawa in Eastern Ontario, Canada. She's self-employed. He's retired, working on various projects. Our current passions are gardening, cultivating indoor plants, cooking and spending time with our four dogs and cat.