Cheesy Mexican Turkey Burgers
These are not spicy (feel free to add spice if you like yours that way!) but have a fresh, vibrant flavour that goes well with burger buns or with other sides such as Mexican rice.
- Ready In:
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 ounces mexican cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- aluminum foil
- salsa, (optional)
- hamburger bun, (optional)
- Start the barbecue or preheat the grill.
- Remove the core and seeds from the tomato and finely dice the flesh.
- In a bowl, add to the tomato: the turkey, mexican cheese, paprika and fresh coriander. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into four and shape into burgers. If you have time, cover and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes to let the flavours blend.
- Place a sheet of foil over the barbecue or grill, or use a baking sheet if preferred- because these burgers are made from a low fat meat, they can break up if not handled carefully, so the foil helps them to stay together. Handle and flip them with care.
- Place the burgers on the barbecue or under a grill, on the foil or baking sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes, flipping regularly.
- If using a barbecue, remove the foil at this point- after 15 minutes- so the burgers pick up the chargrilled flavour in the next 10 minutes.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes (whether using a barbeque or a grill) or until completely cooked through.
- Serve with salsa if desired, on burger buns, Mexican rice, or whatever takes your fancy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more