Cheesy Grits With Scallions
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another variation for my family, the grits lovers.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grits (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer over moderate heat until the onion and garlic are softened, about 3 minutes. Return to a boil and whisk in the grits. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until the grits are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add the cheese, scallions, and thyme and stir until the cheese has melted. Transfer to bowls and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION