Cheesy Eggplant Lasagna
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat the broiler. Lightly mist a 13x9" baking dish with olive oil spray & set aside.
- Lightly mist the eggplant with olive oil spray. Place on a nonstick baking sheet. Sprinkle both sides with garlic salt. Broil 6" from the heat source for 3-5 minutes per side, or until tender & browned in spots.
- Meanwhile, lightly mist a nonstick skillet with olive oil spray. Set over med. heat and cook ground turkey until no longer pink.
- Remove turkey & re-spray the pan with olive oil spray. Add mushrooms and garlic. Stir occasionally for approx 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are turning brown.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1/2 of the eggplant in the bottom of baking pan, then 1/2 of the mushroom mixture, the 1/2 of the turkey, 1 tsp italian seasoning, 1/2 the marinara & 1/2 the cheese. Repeat layers, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove fol & bake for 10- 15 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove & let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into 6 squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent lasagna. Prepared Sicilian Pasta Sauce from this site for the sauce. The two recipes blended perfectly together; the flavors were amazing. Using a Mandolin to cut the Eggplant helped a lot in uniformity. Will definately make this again and again. Nice to have wonderful low-carb recipes to choose from.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home (or in the car:)) mom to two cute kids-ages 7 & 4-and one husband! He's pretty cute too....We live in Fullerton,California, which is also where I grew up. I love, love, love to cook, drink wine with friends, shop, travel, read magazines and collect cookbooks. I have zillions of them and love to sit on the couch with a good cookbook! I belong to a guild of Children's Hospital of Orange County(CHOC) and we recently just finished our own cookbook to raise funds for the hospital. I also enjoy shopping and selling on ebay-so many fun things to find out there! Thanks Liza at recipezaar (my college roomate) for leading me here. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">