Cheesy Chicken Penne (Baked!) SUPER EASY
Yum. Yum. and MORE yum. First let me say my husband is not a chicken guy nor an Alfredo guy. and when he does eat chicken, it has to be dark meat. BUT i was able to sneak this chicken breast past his taste buds…he even had seconds! AND asked to eat it for lunch tomorrow (today). Whew was i excited.
- Ready In:
- 3 chicken breasts (fully cooked, seasoned to your liking and shredded)
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce (I used “Clasico” brand..my mom would be shocked I didn’t make my own so shuuushhh)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb penne rigate
- Turn your oven to 375°F Saute your onions in a little olive oil until they are translucent. Do not burn them.
- Boil your noodles.
- combine your Alfredo sauce and chicken broth in a pan and mix together. Simmer while your noodles are cooking.
- Once the noodles are Al Dente, and your sauce has been simmering, drain your noodle poor them back into the pot you used then pour the chicken in and the Alfredo sauce mixture.
- Stir it all together. And make sure the noodles are well coated.
- Coat a glass baking pan with butter. Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Cover the top with the shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove cover for another 10 minutes.