Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas-Cooking Light
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 cups preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 2⁄3 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed reduced-fat reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside.
- Spray 13 by 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Oil both side of one tortilla and heat in skillet for 5 seconds per side. Remove from pan and place 1/2 cup of chicken mixture in the middle of tortilla. Roll tortilla jelly roll style and and place seamside down into the baking dish. Repeat with remaining 7 tortillas.
- Spread the reserved 1 cup of chicken mixture over the tortillas.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, spread with cheddar cheese and green onions, and bake for 5 additional minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking, especially baking. I am married, no children though I have a dog Chance, whose internal clock must be Swiss-made as he knows what time dinner should be and is quite the taskmaster if I'm not at least in the kitchen at the appointed time. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">