Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
photo by tmhaendel
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables or 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir the soup, water, rice, vegetables and onion powder in a 12" x 8" shallow baking dish.
- Top with chicken.
- Season chicken as desired.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until done.
- Top with cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great basic comfy casserole. I love how extremely economical this is to make too. The only thing I would change would be to either cube the chicken and place on top before baking OR add the vegetables later into the baking cycle as they were a bit overcooked. I guess I could also use fresh veggies instead of frozen and that would change that outcome too. Just one way to either cut down on the baking time with the cubed chicken or being able to bake longer with fresh veggies. Used broccoli and a garlic pepper seasoning for the chicken and did top with cheese. Tagged for the I Recommend tag game.
This was great!Instaed of white rice I used brown rice.I used an mixed summer veggies.I also used Ms.Dash to season the chicken.I added a can of my favorite back beans and a can of corn for my mom.I also used one of my favorite shortcuts,canned chicken.I thought that this turned out to be really good and simple to make!Great for a cold day meal like we had today!
see 3 more reviews