Cheesy Broccoli Pockets
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen bread dough, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 drgrees.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over low heat.
- add garlic; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli; cook stirring until moisture has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli mixture, mozzarella, Parmesan, roasted peppers, oregano, salt ans pepper; mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 8 pieces; roll out each piece to form a 6-inch circle.
- (for easy shaping, dust hands with flour before forming dough into rounds. Then, roll out each round with a rolling pin.) Spoon an equal amount of broccoli mixture in the center of each circle.
- Fold dough over filling to form a half circlr.
- Press edges with a fork to seal; prick a few holes in pocket.
- Place pockets on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
- Serve Immediately.
Join The Conversation
These are good! I used the dough for Laudee's Recipe #50178, and divided the dough into 12 portions. I was afraid I couldn't get the pockets closed well enough. A little of the filling did leak, but not so much. I sauted 2 small red bell peppers with the garlic, instead of using jarred pimiento. Didn't change anything else. I'm looking forward to freezing some and having them for future lunches. I used 2 cups of cooked fresh broccoli, which I cooked first. I will want to make sure to salt to taste next time. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.