Cheesy Black Bean Dip
- Ready In:
- 2 cups black beans (rinsed and drained or 19 oz) or 2 cups red kidney beans (rinsed and drained or 19 oz)
- canola oil or olive oil
- 1 small onions or 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Mash the drained beans with a fork right in the can (or a bowl) until chunky. Don't squish them all--it's nice to keep some texture.
- In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic for a few minutes, until soft.
- Add the beans, tomato, salsa, chili powder, and cumin and cook until heated through.
- Stir in the cheese and lime juice and cook until the cheese begins to melt.
- Stir in the cilantro.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.