Cheesy Beef and Potato Pie
- Ready In:
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef bouillon cube, made up with
- 100 ml boiling water
- 625 g potatoes, your favorite, peeled and thinly sliced
- 150 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F.
- Place the mince, onion and carrots in a large nonstick frying pan and dry-fry over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, stock and seasoning and bring to the boil.
- Transfer to a 20cm x 23cm ovenproof dish, top with the potato slices, sprinkle with the grated cheese and cook in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, until the top of the pie is golden brown and the potatoes are tender.
- I serve with steamed green veggies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the South of England, no kids but preparing for one day cooking for a whole brood hopefully! I love Australia most of all for food - exotic food but also hearty homecooked aswell. I enjoy salsa to burn off the excess calories and one day again i hope to be some good at it!