Cheesecake Filled Krispie Treats
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
12 Krispie treats
- 16 ounces blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free cool whip
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups fruity pebbles
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- Stand mixer with paddle.
- 2 Baking sheets.
- 1-inch ice cream scoop.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sour cream together on medium low speed until smooth and light. Reduce speed to low and add confectioners sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, until completely smooth and combined. Stir in vanilla extract and remove bowl from stand. Fold Cool Whip into the mix until well combined. Place in a clean bowl, cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Spray two small baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Lightly spray parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies and Fruity Pebbles; set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter, then stir in marshmallows. Cook until completely melted, then remove from heat and pour over cereal, stirring to coat while marshmallows are still hot. Pour onto one of the prepared baking sheets and press gently into an even layer. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Cut the treats into 2-inch squares. Press the squares to ½-inch thick, then scoop a heaping teaspoon of the cheesecake filling into the center. Use a 1-inch ice cream scoop if available. Fold the edges of the cereal around the filling, enclosing completely. Shape the treats into a circle, then set aside on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining ingredients. Place the treats in the freezer for 15 minutes then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!