Cheeseburger Meatloaf Hoagies
photo by BLUE ROSE
- Ready In:
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and halved
- 8 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- In large bowl, combine the egg, tomato sauce, oats, onion, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press evenly into an ungreased 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°F; drain.
- Combine mayonnaise and ketchup; spread over meatloaf.
- Cut into eight rectangles; top each with tomatoes, cheese and bacon.
- Place on baking sheet; broil 3-4 minutes from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!