A favourite, can be served with appetizer toppings if the pecan is not used or very nice plain.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 38 pecan halves, if desired
- In a medium bowl, beat together butter, cheese and cayenne pepper until thoroughly blended.
- Add flour, beating until blended.
- Shape dough into log about 9 1/2 inch long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Roll log in sesame seeds, coating completely.
- Wrap and refrigerate until firm, several hours or overnight.
- To bake wafers, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chilled dough into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Press a pecan half in centre of each, if using.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges and bottoms are golden.
- Remove wafers from baking sheets, cool on racks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Oh my gosh, these are delicious! I just wanna wolf them all down myself! They are tender - I made as directed, using pecans on half of them, and 4 'dashes' of cayenne, as I like it HOT! I already shared some with a friend, I hope to make again soon, to share some more! :D Thanks, Derf, for sharing with me! Made for Fall PAC '09.