Cheese-Stuffed Roasted Red Peppers
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese (1/4 inch thick slices)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Heat gas or charcoal gill. Place bell peppers on grill over medium-high heat. Cook 10 to 13 minutes, turning every 3 to 4 minutes, until all sides are blistered and charred.
- Place peppers in brown paper bag: fold down top. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Carefully peel as much skin from peppers as possible. Cut in half lengthwise; remove stems, seeds and ribs. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place 1 slice of cheese in each pepper half; drizzle with oil. Return pepper halves to grill; cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil. Cut each pepper half in half again.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>