Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 15 ounces spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine ground beef, one cup spaghetti sauce, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Divide meat mixture into thirds.
- Spread 1/3 in the bottom of an ungreased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Cover with half of the Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with meat.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Spread meatloaf with reserved sauce.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Although I liked the taste of this meatloaf, I found the texture to be too mushy. Before making the recipe, I did read all reviews and decided to heed the advice of Wicked Cook and I reduced the sauce as she did. I drained the fat from the meatloaf several times and then spread 1/4 c sauce over the top. When it was done cooking, I tented the dish with foil for 10 minutes and then cut it. It did not hold together well, but again, I think it is because there is too much liquid in the meat mixture. (My package of ground beef was close to 1 3/4 lbs). If I make this again, I would try using only 1/2 C sauce in the meat mixture. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
I scaled this back to 2.5 serves to as there was only 3 of us and used the 500 grams/1 lb of extra lean mince that I had and that mix only fitted in my loaf tin and we managed to eat just over half of the loaf between us and we all declared it declcious or the quote the DM "very tasty". Thank you CoffeeB, made for Went To Market.
see 14 more reviews