- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (US cornstarch)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the flour and cook one minute.
- Gradually add the milk(remove from the heat as required).
- Simmer 2 minutes. You must stir constantly at this point.
- Add the cheese and seasoning to taste.
Join The Conversation
This was such a delicious cheese sauce and so very quick to put together. Made it for some brocoli I had and it was fantastic. I probably put in more like 4 TBS of the grated cheddar cheese, and it was perfect. I think the dry mustard adds a nice flavor also. Will keep this to make again. Thanks for sharing Jubes.