- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 basic meatloaf (prepared from another recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, Crumbled
- instant mashed potatoes
- bacon, Crisp & Crumbled
- Prepare the basic meat loaf recipe except -- mix in half of the cheese and shape the mixture into a loaf in an ungreased baking pan 13 X 9 X 2-inches.
- Omit the catsup and bake as directed.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Prepare the potatoes as directed on the package except -- stir in the remaining cheese.
- Spread the potatoes on the sides and top of the meat loaf.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live on the east coast of Australia. I am a proud descendant of two Aboriginal tribes. <br /><br />I spent my early childhood in Western Queensland and the Northern Territory. My mother was employed as a cook on various cattle and sheep stations. Through my mother I learnt to love and enjoy cooking fresh food. <br /><br />Last September, 2003, I had the pleasure of meeting JenT, Jewelies, their respective DHs and Jewelies? gorgeous daughter who was a treat to meet. One day, I hope I can go to New Zealand to visit JenT?s homeland. <br /><br />I enjoy reading cookbooks for cover to cover. My goal is to cook all the recipes I have collected in my Zaar cookbook.</p>