photo by Virginia Chandler
- Ready In:
- 1hr 17mins
- 1 lb Birds Eye frozen small whole onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 ounce blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Defrost Onions.
- Melt butter then stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add milk, all cheeses and hot sauce.
- Stir until cheeses are melted.
- Add onions.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, remove cover and bake another 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these to serve along side grilled hamburgers for DBF and myself. He actually said they were very good! Doesn't usually comment on my cooking, so for me these are a keeper. I also used sliced onion as i was looking for a way to use up a very huge onion we were given. I had the leftovers on top of scrambled eggs for breakfast and that was really good also. Thanks for sharing your recipe:)
see 3 more reviews
This a great way to fix frozen pearl onions. I substituted American cheese for the Velveeta, and I threw in a bit extra blue cheese;) I was a little worried that the 2 tbsp of hot sauce would be too much but it really isn't....it's not as spicy hot as you would think. I'll make these again; thanx for sharing!