Cheese Omelette (Omelette Au Fromage)
photo by French Tart
- Ready In:
- Break the eggs into a bowl.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- Beat the eggs with a fork until just mixed.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt and color slightly.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Use the flat side of the fork to stir the eggs until they start to set.
- Smooth the top and leave the eggs to cook.
- Add the Gruyere cheese over the surface.
- Fold the omelette into thirds and flip it onto a heated serving plate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A wonderful classic, and one that I very much enjoyed for my supper on Saturday! I made this omelette for the step-by-step demo in the French Forum and as you can see from the photos (posted in the forum), the omlette turned out extremely well. I scattered fresh chopped herbs on top of mine with a little extra parmesan cheese. Made for the ZWT5 Omelette Challenge and very much enjoyed. Thanks George! FT:-)
Made exactly as directions indicated and garnished the top of the omelette with fresh French tarragon. This is the most delicious omelette I've ever eaten. Something as common as nutmeg (freshly ground) can take a recipe to soaring heights! Don't omit the nutmeg! Reviewed for ZWT 2009 Omelette Challenge in the French forum. Thank you!