Cheese-Curry Biscuit (Australia)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Foods with a Foriegn Flavor textbook, posted for ZWT5... Contributed by E. Ruth Yelvington, Corsicana, Texas
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese (whatever kind of cheese you prefer)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons sweet milk
- Mix dry ingredients by sifting into a mixing bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender.
- Stir in grated cheese.
- Combine egg yolk and milk by stirring with a fork; add to the dry mixture.
- Continue stirring with fork until a stiff dough forms.
- Turn out on lightly-floured board and roll out until 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut into shape desired.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375*F for 7-8 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was GastroGnomically pleasing as we traveled to Australia for supper this evening! I used some of my own scones mix but added curry and dry mustard to the dry ingredients; had to add a bit more milk to make up the difference (my dry mix has more flour than yours); but it worked and wow---these were SO pretty (the pictures do NOT do them justice!) and the fragrance was out-of-this world, *ZWT 5 Groovy GastroGnomes strike again*Reply