Cheese and Pesto Swirls
photo by ClipCreativeAndPR
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Grease an oven proof baking tray.
- On a clean surface scatter some plain flour and roll out the puff pastry until it is an inch thick, about an 16x10 inch rectangle.
- Spread the pesto thinly on to the pastry making sure you leave a 1 inch margin all the way around.
- Then sprinkle the cheddar, dried basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Starting with one of the long sides of the rectangle roll the puff pastry like a Swiss roll making sure you paste the last inch with the egg wash, to seal it.
- Once rolled refrigerate the pastry for at least 20- 30 minutes.
- Once you have removed the pastry roll from the fridge use a sharp knife and cut in to ½ inch slices and place the slices on to the baking tray.
- Then use a pastry brush and paste the slices with egg wash.
- Cook the slices in the oven for abut 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Transfer them to wire rack until completely cooled.
- Recipe by <a href="http://www.theclipgroup.com/" title="CLIP Creative and PR" rel="nofollow">CLIP Creative and PR</a>.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!