Cheese and Herb Crumbed Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- Crack the eggs into a shallow dish and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, chives and salt and pepper
- Dip 1 mushroom at a time into the egg and then coat in the breadcrumb and cheese mixture, pressing the breadcrumbs on to secure.
- Repeat the process with remaining mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a saucepan or wok over medium heat until hot.
- Deep-fry the mushrooms, 4-6 at a time, until golden.
- Drain on paper towel and keep warm in the oven while cooking remaining mushrooms.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My fiance & I have lived in Melbourne all our lives and we love it, it's so diverse & exciting. We went on a world trip in '04-'05 including the US, UK, France, Italy, Malta, Germany, The Netherlands, Egypt, India & Japan. It was awesome, but great to get home & relax too. :) The link on this page will take you to my YouTube channel which has slide-show videos of my pics, featuring some amazing street art around Melbourne. I think it's rude to leave 1 star ratings! To me it's like eating someones cooking then saying "ERGH!" to their face!! :D So we don't give 1 star ratings. If we really don't like something, then it's no stars & a description of why it didn't live up to our expectations, or we may just remove the recipe from our cookbook & leave it at that. We like cross-promoting recipes in our reviews, to share combinations that work, recipes that inspire & methods people may not have thought of. We can't help but put something of ourselves into each recipe we try <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegn%20swap/vegnswap.jpg> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">