Cheese and Chive Omelet
I wanted to use up some egg whites, chives and left over cheese I had in the refrigerator so adapted this recipe from Bon Appetit (November 2006)with my changes. The original recipe used whole eggs and cheddar cheese.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 cup grated cheese (I used Monterey Jack but a combination of cheeses or your favorite cheese will work well)
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, chives, salt and pepper (I used a lot of pepper) in a bowl.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture to pan, cooking for a few minutes until almost set, lifting sides so egg mixture can run under.
- Grate (or sprinkle) cheese over top of eggs (I grated it right over the eggs) and cook a few more minutes until cheese melts.
- Fold 1/3 of the omelet over the center and then the other side over the center.
- Turn omelet onto plate and cut in half or thirds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation