Cheese and Bacon Loaf
photo by PetsRus
- Ready In:
- 1 large loaf French bread (unsliced and cut in half)
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 cups finely grated cheddar cheese (I use half Jack cheese and half cheddar)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (can use a bit less)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs (uncooked)
- 10 -12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Spread the cut sides of the bread with prepared mustard.
- In a bowl, mix together cheese, butter, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, crumbled bacon and onions.
- Divide the mixture in half and spread evenly on top of the mustard.
- Place the two halves on top of a baking sheet.
- Set oven to broil heat.
- Broil until lightly browned and puffed (about 5 minutes).
- Using a serrated knife, slice the bread into serving size pieces.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow! Cut this recipe down to 1/3 cause it's just me and the kids and I should have made more! I did use 6 slices of bacon and a whole egg (coudn't get 1/3 of 2 eggs worked out!) Used a small sourdough loaf. This is just so easy to do and tastes so great. Definitely make this one for 'the boys' next time they get together to watch a game...a keeper.