Cheerio Applesauce Muffins
We have an abundance of cheerios at our house right now, so I had an urge to make something out of them. I found this recipe for muffins at Cheerios.com. very yummy! I didn't use the oil though because the muffins had all the applesauce in them. It still turned out good.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 eggs or 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg product
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Crush cereal. In large bowl, stir together cereal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Nice easy recipe to make with kids. Put the cheerios in ziploc baggies and let the pre-schoolers crush them! Healthy alternative!! Tasted good and even picky eaters tried them! Tried to put food coloring in them to make them pink for Valentines day but they came out brown inside after baking. We put some colored sprinkles on top, what kid can resist sprinkles??