Cheddar Pan Biscuits
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Cheddar cheese and basil makes these home-baked pan biscuits a tasty supper accompaniment.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400°F Melt butter in 8-inch square baking pan in oven (3 to 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients except milk in medium bowl.
- Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth (1 minute).
- Pat or roll dough into 12x6-inch rectangle.
- Cut into 12 (1-inch) strips.
- Dip each strip into melted butter in pan; fold each strip in half.
- Place folded strips in 2 rows in same pan.
- Bake for 23 to 28 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION