Cheddar Dill Bread-Brethren's
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 9X5X3" loaf pan.
- Sift flour with baking powder, sugar, and salt into large bowl.
- With 2 knives or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Note: I use my food processer for this step to save time.
- Stir in cheese, onion, and dill weed; mix well.
- Combine milk and beaten egg; pour into flour mixture all at once.
- Stir quickly with fork just to moisten flour mixture.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve cool, or toasted, which is our favorite way to enjoy this bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!