Cheddar Cheese Savory Pie Dough- Electric Mixer Version (Top And
- Ready In:
- In your mixing bowl of your electric mixer, combine the flour, cheese and salt. Mix briefly to combine (or use a whisk).
- Add the butter and oil, then mix until the mixture is about the size of peas. You can also use a pastry blender for this task).
- Slowly add in the water and mix until the dough just starts coming together. Too much water will make the crust tough. When you squeeze the dough together with your hands it should stick together in a ball.
- Separate the dough into 2 mounds and press into flat disks. You can mold the edges with your fingers until they are fairly smooth. Let them rest on the counter for at least 10 minutes for the flour to absorb all the moisture.
- Roll the dough out to a size just large enough to fill your pie pan and come over the edge a little. If the dough tears, just mend it like you would play dough, it will be fine. Set the dough into the pie pan gently without stretching the dough, and press into shape.
- Roll out the second disk to a size that will cover the top of the pie.
- Add your filling and cover with the dough. Pinch the two dough layers together with your fingers and flute the edges if you want it to look fancy.
Here is a step by step tutorial on pie crusts that you may find helpful if you are new to this craft:
- Bake the pie according to your recipes instructions and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>We own a small ranch located in Napa, California. We used to be considered odd because we grew most of our food and lived frugally. Now we are viewed as trendy- go figure!</p> <p>Anyway, we raise chickens for meat and eggs, have tons of fruits and vegetables and do it all without using pesticides or chemicals.</p> <p>We also cook almost everything we eat from scratch. It takes a lot longer, but ours is the house that everyone wants an invitation to dinner at.</p>