photo by shazzieau
- Ready In:
- 12 soft dinner rolls (from supermarket)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large bananas
- 6 -8 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 6 -8 teaspoons nutella
- 1 -2 cup canola oil
- in a wide bowl, whisk the eggs with the water until well combined. put aside.
- in a wide bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together. put aside.
- using a sharp knife, push the knife through the middle of each roll, lengthwise, from end to end but not quite all the way through. you are just making a pocket in the roll.
FOR THE BANANA "DOUGHNUTS":
- cut the bananas in half lengthwise, then in half again so that a piece fits in each roll.
- fill a frypan with about an inch of oil and heat on medium high heat.
- when hot, dip 3 - 4 rolls (or how ever many you can fit in the pan) in the egg, coating them all over then place them in the hot oil.
- fry, turning, to evenly brown each side. remove from pan, shake off excess oil then roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- serve hot as they are, or as a dessert with custard or ice cream.
TO MAKE THE JAM OR NUTELLA "DOUGHNUTS":
- split the rolls as above and fill with a couple of heaped teaspoons of jam or nutella.
- cook as above.
- NOTE: the amount of bananas you use just depends on how many you wish to make. they are optional. just make the jam and nutella if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just a wife and mother who loves to cook. I still have kids living at home but the others are always here for meals too.I feel like I never get out of the kitchen. If only some one would clean up after me.