Cheaters Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 7mins
Crust and Filling
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 325 dg. Lightly grease a 13 x 9" baking pan with the softened butter or vegetable shortening. Set the pan aside.
- Measure out 1/2 C of the cake mix and set aside for the filling.
- Place remaining cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg in a large mixing bowl. Blend on low for 2 minutes Scrape down the sides of bowl with spatula. Batter should come together in a ball. With your fingertips, pat the batter evenly over the bottom and 1" up the sides of the prepared pan, smoothing it out with your fingers until top is smooth. Set pan aside.
- For the filling, place the cream cheese and condensed milk in the same mixing bowl used to make the crust and and blend about 30 seconds until combimed. Add remaining cake mix, remaining 3 eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, and spices. Beat on medium for 1 minute then scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula.
- Pour the filling onto the crust and spread so that filling covers the entire surface and reaches the sides of the pan.
- Place the pan in oven and bake until cheesecake looks shiny and center no longer jiggles when you shake the pan, about 40 to 45 minutes Remove pan from oven while you prepare topping. Leave the oven on.
- For topping, place the sour cream and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl and stir with spoon until well cimbined. Pour topping over the cheesecake and return pan to the oven.
- Bake until the topping sets, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool, approximately 30 minutes.
- Lightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and place the pan in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hr., but preferably 24 hours for the flavors to meld. Cut into squares and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've loved Zaar for many years and the great recipes I've found here. Back when I was working and the kids were little I was an okay cook who excelled only at a few family recipes. I began "surfing" on Zaar and started making so many wonderful fast and easy recipes. As they got older and I had more time, I began making more adventurous meals. Zaar's fabulous cooks have helped me every step of the way. Thanks to the Zaar family of cooks and the enthusiasm for cooking I developed through them, I'm now considered a good cook and develop many of my own recipes. When the kids were grown and I was no longer working, what started as a place to find new recipes turned into a community made up of varied and interesting people. After years as a "recipe surfer", I became a premium member in 2005 not only to start organizing recipes but also to participate even more in discussions, forum activities and having fun with new friends. I am hoping you enjoy the recipes I have posted and welcome comments. I try to thank everyone who reviews one of them, but if I "drop the ball" or if you can't receive Zmail, please know how much I appreciate you taking the time to make one of my recipes. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to taking digital photos of my recipes and getting them into my computer. Because of that, cyberhugs go out to anyone who takes the time to take/post pictures of my dishes in Zaar! I've had vision problems plus a retina disease called retinopathy prematuria since birth, but never let it stop me until the last few years when I had to quit driving becauser of it. I moved from "sweet home Chicago" to rural San Diego County, CA, in 2004 when my husband of 35 years retired. Sadly, we are not near our children and beautiful grandchildren, who live in Florida, Minnesota and Arizona. Zaar has helped the transition from moving from the city to the country and becoming an empty nester confined to home a little more bearable. I still love to read my grisly crime novels, play on the computer, and play blackjack at local casinos (within reason, of course??) Even though my old friends tease that I'm a cross between a dirty old lady and a mother hen, Zaarites seem to bear with me. I think I love going to restaurants more because of reading the menus than eating the food. My best-friend says when I die I'm going to go to the big menu in the sky! .....2/25/10.....<a href="http://www.amazingcounter.com"><img border="0" src="http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2776320&c=8329273" alt="Web Counter"></a><a href="http://www.onlinecomputercoupons.com/dell-electronics.htm">.....Cheap Digital Camera</a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/candy6.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/Food%20Photos%202008/herbspicesticker.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/QueenBee49444/ZaarCasseroleDishes.jpg" border="0" alt="Zaar friends"> <a href="http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=3510511#3510511"><img src="http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/BBQParticipantBanner-Final.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Octoberevent.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1535/CLC2.gif"> <a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=119602 target="_blank"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC9-Mareeseme.jpg"></a><img src="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Derfcookathon.jpg"> <img src="http://www.pickle.com/plink/ph/795B07337A4704307B51032E7C590636795E1C512307476E143E5A652E076C347C5F02307A5F0032140741682C4659712C.jpg" border="0" alt="coolmonday-particiation" title="Photo and Video Sharing"/> <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg"> Sharon123: <a href="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/347_Sharon123.jpg"target="_blank"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/347_Sharon123.jpg"border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>